Canada regrets calling BSF anti-human unit
The Canadian government has expressed regret over denial of visa to a former BSF jawan from Punjab.
New Delhi: The Canadian government has expressed regret over the denial of visa to former BSF jawan Fateh Singh Pandher from Punjab.
Fateh was refused a Canadian immigration visa as he was working for the BSF, which Canada said, has a history of war crimes to its credit. The External Affairs Ministry had lodged a strong protest with the Canadian government over this.
An ugly diplomatic spat has been averted with Canada's statement. And there is now hope that Pandher may get the visa.
A spokesperson for the Canadian Foreign Ministry said, "Canada has the highest regard for India's democratic institutions and processes. Canada has great respect for India's armed forces and related institutions. We are reviewing the situation. Due to privacy reasons we cannot comment further."
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"