BSF alert to foil infiltration bids along border: IG
IG said, numbers (of infiltrating militants) keep changing for us, numbers are not relevant.
Jammu: The BSF is all geared up and alert to foil any infiltration bid by militants from across the Indo-Pak border, said a senior BSF officer. "We will not allow infiltration to take place...BSF troops are alert to foil it," IG BSF, Jammu Frontier, Rajeev Krishna told reporters at Jammu railway station after flagging-off a special coach for para military forces.
"International boundary in Jammu is sensitive...there have been incidents (of infiltrations)...measures are already in place along the border...BSF personnel are active and alert along to foil infiltration bids. "There were two attempts this year along the border, and on both occasions they were foiled by alert BSF jawans," he said.
Replying to a question on the number of militants trying to sneak in, the IG said, numbers (of infiltrating militants) keep changing...for us, numbers are not relevant." Referring to the foiling of a smuggling bid, in which mobiles and sim cards were recovered from close to the borders in Jammu sector, Krishna said, "It could be a case of smuggling or infiltration...we cannot rule out anything." Regarding the change of strategy to deal with infiltration, he added that long term strategies have been put in place by the BSF.
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Timeline of Criminal Defamation Case Filed Against Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- HC Dismisses Kejriwal's Plea to Stay Defamation Case Filed by Arun Jaitley