BSF jawan arrested for abetting wife's suicide
The complaint lodged with Chiloda police by Preeti's mother stated that she was being troubled by the 32-year-old husband.
Ahmedabad: An Assistant Commandant undergoing training at the Border Security Force (BSF) centre in Gandhinagar was arrested on Tuesday for allegedly abetting his wife's suicide. Jawan Sunil Kumar's wife, Preeti Kumar (26), who was a Sub-Inspector with Delhi police, committed suicide by hanging herself on Saturday after alleged torture by her husband and other family members for dowry, Chiloda Police Inspector (PI) BC Thakkar said.
The complaint lodged with Chiloda police by Preeti's mother stated that she was being troubled by the 32-year-old husband, the mother-in-law and sister-in-law.
Both Sunil and Preeti belonged to Rajasthan and got married on November 30, 2012. The couple had come here some days back for the former's training in BSF.
A letter written by the deceased on December 31, 2012, while she was posted in the national capital and produced by her sister purportedly stated that she was subjected to harassment by the trio for dowry, Thakkar said.
The accused have been booked for abetment of suicide and dowry death and a local court has sent Kumar in judicial custody.
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- Cheteshwar Pujara's Kanpur Transformation Augurs Well for Team India
- Virat Kohli Offers Condolences to Families of Uri Attack Victims
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate
- US Presidential Debate: Bollywood Stars Share Their Opinions on Twitter