DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Srinagar: 1 killed after terrorists open fire at BSF convoy
Two empty cartridges of AK rifle RPT rifle were recovered from the scene of the incident.
Srinagar: Unidentified terrorists opened fire at a Border Security Force (BSF) convoy in Srinagar on Thursday, killing one BSF personnel and injuring two others. The DIG of Jammu and Kashmir Police said the militants used AK-47s.
The firing comes a week after the Fidayeen attack in Bemina, which killed five CRPF personnel.
On Thursday, the ultras opened fire on the convoy of 8th Battalion BSF near Chanapora bridge, resulting in injuries to three constables, police said. The injured personnel were admitted to 92 Base Hospital of the Army at Badamibagh cantonment, where one of them, constable Kalita, who had suffered a bullet injury to his ear, succumbed, they said.
The condition of the two other injured personnel -- Hem Singh and Saikia -- was stated to be stable. Two empty cartridges of AK rifle RPT rifle were recovered from the scene of the incident.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users