Srinagar: 1 killed after terrorists open fire at BSF convoy
Two empty cartridges of AK rifle RPT rifle were recovered from the scene of the incident.
Srinagar: Unidentified terrorists opened fire at a Border Security Force (BSF) convoy in Srinagar on Thursday, killing one BSF personnel and injuring two others. The DIG of Jammu and Kashmir Police said the militants used AK-47s.
The firing comes a week after the Fidayeen attack in Bemina, which killed five CRPF personnel.
On Thursday, the ultras opened fire on the convoy of 8th Battalion BSF near Chanapora bridge, resulting in injuries to three constables, police said. The injured personnel were admitted to 92 Base Hospital of the Army at Badamibagh cantonment, where one of them, constable Kalita, who had suffered a bullet injury to his ear, succumbed, they said.
The condition of the two other injured personnel -- Hem Singh and Saikia -- was stated to be stable. Two empty cartridges of AK rifle RPT rifle were recovered from the scene of the incident.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw