Buddh International Circuit is like Spa: Lewis Hamilton
Lewis Hamilton believes that the Buddh International Circuit has a lot in common with the Belgian circuit Spa-Francorchamps.
New Delhi: McLaren's Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton believes that the Buddh International Circuit has a lot in common with the Belgian circuit Spa-Francorchamps.
Spa is regarded by many as the greatest F1 track currently in the season. "The circuit is something of a revelation. Most modern tracks have a very similar feel; you find that the same driving style and rhythm suits them all. But the Buddh International Circuit is different: it has more in common with a great track like Spa than it does with any number of the more modern places we visit," said the 2008 driver's World Champion.
"It's got an incredible flow - basically, from turn four, a wide-apex right-hander that sweeps downhill, the track is just a series of fast, rolling curves which really allow you to put the car absolutely on the limit."
The 27-year-old Hamilton did not have a great race last year at the inaugural Indian Grand Prix, finishing seventh. "I didn't have a particularly tidy weekend there last year: but I feel I've been driving better than ever recently - even if the results haven`t quite shown it - so I'm headed to India determined for another good result. I think we'll have a car that's a match for the circuit and I can't wait to get out there and start practising on Friday."
- Despite Bleak Electoral Map, Donald Trump Says, 'We Are Winning'
- Trump Calls Clinton 'Nasty Woman'; Voters Rally Behind her
- Kaine, Trump, U.S. Lawmakers Raise Concerns Over AT&T-Time Warner Deal
- Hillary Clinton Achieves 12-Point Lead over Trump
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh