DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Thane building collapse case: Two more arrested
74 people died and over 60 were injured in Maharashtra's worst building collapse on Saturday.
Mumbai: Police on Monday arrested two more people in connection with a seven-storey building collapse in Thane in which 74 people lost their lives. Police arrested Farookh Abdul Latif Chapra and Rafiq Daud Kamdar, taking the number of people arrested in the case to nine.
Thane Police on Saturday arrested seven people including builders Jameel Qureshi and Saleem Shaikh, the Suspended Deputy Commissioner of Thane Municipal Corporation, the Assistant Municipal Commissioner, the Assistant Sub-Inspector of the local police station and the local corporator.
Five officials have been charged with criminal conspiracy while the two builders have been charged with culpable homicide not amounting to murder.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere