Thane building collapse case: Two more arrested
74 people died and over 60 were injured in Maharashtra's worst building collapse on Saturday.
Mumbai: Police on Monday arrested two more people in connection with a seven-storey building collapse in Thane in which 74 people lost their lives. Police arrested Farookh Abdul Latif Chapra and Rafiq Daud Kamdar, taking the number of people arrested in the case to nine.
Thane Police on Saturday arrested seven people including builders Jameel Qureshi and Saleem Shaikh, the Suspended Deputy Commissioner of Thane Municipal Corporation, the Assistant Municipal Commissioner, the Assistant Sub-Inspector of the local police station and the local corporator.
Five officials have been charged with criminal conspiracy while the two builders have been charged with culpable homicide not amounting to murder.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology