Northeast exodus: Bulk SMS, MMS banned
More than five SMSes or MMSes from one number cannot be sent in one go. MMSes have been restricted to 25k.
New Delhi: Following rumours leading to the mass exodus of the Northeast people from various cities, the Ministry of Home Affairs has banned bulk SMSes and MMSes for 15 days starting Friday.
More than five SMSes or MMSes from one number cannot be sent in one go. MMSes have been restricted to 25k. The ban has been imposed throughout the country.
This comes amidst rumours spreading panic amongst the people from the Northeast in various cities. Thousands of Northeast people have fled Bangalore and many are also fleeing Pune, Mumbai and Hyderabad amidst threats of retaliatory attacks over Assam violence.
Recommended For You
- Selfie ChatKahaani 2: Friendship with Sujoy Ghosh? It's Non-existent, Says Vidya Balan
- What’s new?OnePlus 3T Launched at Rs 29,999: All You Need to Know
- BATTLE OF THE BESTFIFA Player of The Year: Ronaldo, Messi and Griezmann To Battle It Out
- Film ReviewMoana Movie Review: This Disney Adventure is Magical and Inspirational
- Creative!Sonam Gupta Bewafa Hai Makes It To The IIT Guwahati Examination Paper