Northeast exodus: Bulk SMS, MMS banned
More than five SMSes or MMSes from one number cannot be sent in one go. MMSes have been restricted to 25k.
New Delhi: Following rumours leading to the mass exodus of the Northeast people from various cities, the Ministry of Home Affairs has banned bulk SMSes and MMSes for 15 days starting Friday.
More than five SMSes or MMSes from one number cannot be sent in one go. MMSes have been restricted to 25k. The ban has been imposed throughout the country.
This comes amidst rumours spreading panic amongst the people from the Northeast in various cities. Thousands of Northeast people have fled Bangalore and many are also fleeing Pune, Mumbai and Hyderabad amidst threats of retaliatory attacks over Assam violence.
Recommended For You
- New Chevrolet Beat to Launch in India on May 25
- IPL 2017: Virat Kohli Tired of RCB's Repeated Failure
- Priyanka to Rajkummar: Bollywood Actors Who've Mastered Roles in Disguise
- Azlan Shah 2017: Harmanpreet Slams Brace As India Blank Kiwis 3-0
- Watch Harbhajan Singh's Special Act as Rohit Celebrates Birthday