Northeast exodus: Bulk SMS, MMS banned
More than five SMSes or MMSes from one number cannot be sent in one go. MMSes have been restricted to 25k.
New Delhi: Following rumours leading to the mass exodus of the Northeast people from various cities, the Ministry of Home Affairs has banned bulk SMSes and MMSes for 15 days starting Friday.
More than five SMSes or MMSes from one number cannot be sent in one go. MMSes have been restricted to 25k. The ban has been imposed throughout the country.
This comes amidst rumours spreading panic amongst the people from the Northeast in various cities. Thousands of Northeast people have fled Bangalore and many are also fleeing Pune, Mumbai and Hyderabad amidst threats of retaliatory attacks over Assam violence.
Recommended For You
- Australian Open 2017: Vintage Federer Floors Berdych in 90 Minutes
- LFW 2017: Sonakshi Sinha Looks Vibrant In Tangerine Monisha Jaising Dress
- Yuvraj Singh: The Phoenix Who Keeps Coming Back Again and Again
- Sasikala No Replacement, Won't Last Long, Says Jayalalithaa's Biographer
- Saina Nehwal Storms Into Malaysia Masters Semifinals