Marine engineer dies while bungee jumping
The man died while doing a reverse bungee jump.
Bangalore: A 25-year-old marine engineer died while doing a reverse bungee jump as the latch of his safety belt snapped near Bannerghatta National Park, 25 km from here, police said on Sunday.
"Chennai-based V Bhargava fell headlong from a height of over 40 feet when the latch of his safety belt snapped while trying a reverse bungee jump at the adventure zone called Paintball Arena on Saturday," District Superintendent of Police B A Mahesh told PTI.
The event was organised jointly by Centre for Adventure and Rejuvenation of Environment (CARE) and Head Rush Bungee.
Bhargava, who suffered severe head injuries and multiple fractures, was rushed to a superficiality private hospital by four of his friends, but declared brought dead, he said.
"No precautionary measures were taken by the two private groups who organise these dangerous adventure sports. Neither an ambulance nor any first aid was available at the spot," Mahesh said.
A case of death due to negligence had been registered against the two groups, he said.
Head Rush proprietor Sachin was arrested and produced before a court in Anekal yesterday. Efforts were on to nab CARE head Sheshadri, who is absconding, Mahesh said.
Bhargava's body was handed over after post mortem to his parents who flew to Bangalore immediately after coming to know about the tragedy, he said.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Premier League Champions Leicester City Sack Manager Claudio Ranieri
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology