Burdwan sexual harassment: College principal suspended
Meanwhile, the security guard, arrested in connection with the incident, was remanded to jail custody till November 22 by a local court.
Burdwan: The principal of the Polytechnic College of Asansol was on Saturday suspended in the wake of the alleged sexual harassment of a girl student by three student union members. Rituparno Basu, Principal of Nazrul Satabarsha Polytechnic College, Rupnarayanpur, has been placed under suspension on the charge of lapse on his part with regard to the reports, state Technical Education Minister Rabiranjan Chattopadhyay said.
Meanwhile, the security guard, arrested in connection with the incident, was remanded to jail custody till November 22 by a local court. The first year girl student was allegedly stripped and molested by three students after being given a spiked drink during a birthday party held at the union office of Trinamool Congress Chhatra Parishad of the college on Wednesday evening, police said.
The girl was admitted to the Chittaranjan Hospital by her father on Wednesday night and after she recovered filed a complaint with the police. The police were looking for four students, including a girl who took the first year student to the union room.
Recommended For You
- West Bengal Tourism Ad Featuring SRK Is Winning the Internet With Its Sweetness
- Australian Open 2017: Rafael Nadal Fights Off Gael Monfils to Reach Quarters
- Bigg Boss 10: When Salman Khan's Thunder Was Stolen by His Nephew Ahil
- Did Ranveer Singh Just Give a Glimpse of His Look from Padmavati?
- Yamaha R15 v3.0 Revealed, India Launch Likely Later This Year