Businessman killed after being hit by private plane
The incident occurred when the businessman was clicking pictures of the private plane while it was taking off and was hit by one of its wings.
Meerut: A Delhi-based businessman was on Saturday killed when a two-seater micro-light private plane met with an accident at the Partapur airstrip, though the pilot and his colleague escaped unhurt.
The incident occurred around 10 AM when the businessman Yogesh Garg was clicking pictures of the private plane on the airstrip while it was taking off and was hit by one of its wings, police said.
Yogesh, who ran a consultancy company at New Delhi, died on the spot, they said.
Anil Thapa, spokesman of Pankh Aviation, which runs the flying club, said the wing and a wheel of the plane was damaged in the incident, but its pilot Anil Gupta and his colleague Purvi escape unhurt.
He claimed that the accident took place as Yogesh came on the airstrip to take pictures of the micro-light aircraft while it was taking off from the runway.
Police said that the matter was being investigated and they were trying to find out who allowed Yogesh to come on the runway and take pictures.
Additional District Magistrate Neeraj Shukla, who reached the spot, said that preliminary inquiry has revealed that Pankh Aviation was not allowed to use the airstrip.
However, the company claimed that it was giving flying training from the last three-four months. The ADM said that records of last three-four months were
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor