Buyers Denied Flat in Mumbai for Being Non-vegetarian: MNS
The Raj Thackeray-led MNS has alleged that some builders in Mumbai were not selling flats to buyers who were non-vegetarian and also bringing in caste and community considerations in the transaction.
Image for representation only(Photo: Reuters)
Mumbai: The Raj Thackeray-led Maharashtra Navnirman Sena has alleged that some builders in Mumbai were not selling flats to buyers who were non-vegetarian and also bringing in caste and community considerations in the transaction.
MNS functionary from Mahim, Sandip Deshpande, in a letter to a builder, said buyers are being deprived of flats for being non-vegetarian.
The letter warned that builders not implementing the MNS diktat would face the party's ire.
MNS sources said the appeal had got prompt response, with a prominent builder giving a written assurance that there won't be any discrimination.
Dhuri, who was looking to buy two-BHK flat, was apparently told that the housing complex was for Gujaratis
only, when he had called the builder's office.
There have been instances of housing societies in Mumbai ensuring that only vegetarians are allowed to move in.
Recommended For You
- Maldives Emergency : India Appears to be Losing Ground to China in the Indian Ocean | World In Flux
- From Rolls-Royce to Porsche - Here's a Look at All the Cars Owned by Nirav Modi
- Watch Video : Baaghi 2 Trailer's Honest Reaction
- Jeet Raval's Straight Drive Ricochets Off Bowler's Head for a Six
- The Ritual: An Outright Spine-Chiller Not Meant For The Faint-Hearted