Eyeing UP polls, Cabinet clears SC/ST backlog
The Cabinet has issued a directive for about 50,000 positions in Central Government jobs to be filled.
New Delhi: Ahead of Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections, the Union cabinet on Wednesday approved a proposal to fill vacancies for SCs and STs in Central Government jobs.
The Cabinet has issued a directive for about 50,000 positions to be filled.
The timing is significant as it comes just before the UP Assembly elections in February.
The move obviously aimed at helping the Congress woo the voters in Mayawati's state and smoothen Rahul Gandhi's claims that the Central Government is the only one that's doing anything for the progress of the people in the state.
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle