Deadline to switch to set top box from cable ends today
What it essentially means is that if you don't have a set top box, then you can't watch TV starting Wednesday.
New Delhi: The deadline for cable operators to switch to digital TV ends on Wednesday in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai. What it essentially means is that if you don't have a set top box, then you can't watch TV starting Wednesday.
This is the first of the three-stage process where cable TVs across the country must migrate to digital signals to be distributed through set top boxes. Official data released by the Information and Broadcasting Ministry on Tuesday suggests that Mumbai is the only Metro to have achieved 100 per cent digitisation followed by Delhi and Kolkata.
Chennai is still lagging behind with just 61 per cent. The government has been carrying out an extensive public awareness programme as carrying analog signals in the four metros will be illegal from Thursday, November 1.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Varun Aaron Can't Wait to Work With Virender Sehwag
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Anaarkali of Aarah: Karan Johar Unveils Swara's Never-seen-before Avatar
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner