DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
SC to hear PIL against SK Sharma's appointment as CAG
Shashi Kant Sharma, 1976 Bihar cadre IAS officer, replaced Vinod Rai, who retired after a five-and-a-half year eventful tenure as the CAG.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court of India on Monday will hear a PIL seeking to quash Shashi Kant Sharma's appointment as the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) on the grounds of conflict of interest.
Sharma on May 23 was sworn in as CAG by President Pranab Mukherjee in the Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi.
The 61-year old 1976 Bihar cadre IAS officer replaced Vinod Rai, who superannuated after a five-and-a-half year eventful tenure as the head of the CAG.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan