'Campaign of Calumny': Tharoor Files Defamation Suit Against Arnab Goswami
Congress leader Shashi Tharoor has filed a defamation case against Republic TV’s Arnab Goswami.
File photo of Senior Congress leader Shashi Tharoor.
New Delhi: Congress leader Shashi Tharoor has filed a defamation case against Republic TV’s Arnab Goswami.
The Thiruvanthapuram MP confirmed on Twitter that he has filed a case in the Delhi High Court. The case will now be heard on Monday.
Pleased to confirm this story. We filed today in Delhi High Court. Had enough of his campaign of calumny. https://t.co/ThcI7AHGiu
— Shashi Tharoor (@ShashiTharoor) May 26, 2017
Goswami’s Republic TV recently did a report where it played tapes of a conversation between their reporter and Tharoor's assistant Narayan. The conversation related to the night of Sunanda Tharoor’s death and suggested that Sunanda and Shashi Tharoor had a fierce fight and Tharoor forced her to death.
Tharoor had objected to the report and termed it an attempt to gain attention. “Exasperating farrago of distortions, misrepresentations & outright lies being broadcast by an unprincipled showman masquerading as a journalist,” he had tweeted.
Recommended For You
- Blind Cricket World Cup: India Beat Pakistan by 2 Wickets to Lift Title
- South Africa vs India: Shardul, Saini Called in as Net Bowlers
- Dhadak: Jahnvi Kapoor, Ishaan Khatter's Much Anticipated Debut To Release On July 20
- 2018 Upcoming Sedans to Launch in India – Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Toyota Vios And More
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Top Upcoming Deals on Smartphones, Electronics, Games And More