Campus placement for Tihar convicts today
As many as 14 companies including Agarwal Packers and Movers and Relaxo footwear will select candidates from 24 convicts.
New Delhi: Tihar Prisons will conduct its fifth campus placement on Friday for its inmates with companies involved in packing services and footwear set to participate in the selection process.
As many as 14 companies including Agarwal Packers and Movers, Relaxo footwear, Frontline Group, ABC constructions, Adecco Consultant, Ashwords Network and Jyoti Portfolio Limited will select candidates from 24 convicts.
In four successful campus placements conducted last year and in 2010, 334 Tihar inmates got appointment letters from different industries in different positions with salaries ranging between Rs 84,000 and 6,00,000 annually.
"This is for the first time that a campus placement dedicated to select eligible candidates from convicts is being conducted here. These convicts are likely to finish their jail term in another six months time," said Sunil Gupta, spokesperson of Tihar Prisons.
"All those appearing for the campus recruitment are educated. While some are graduates, others have professional degrees like Masters in Business Management and Masters in Computer Application."
The first recruitment drive was conducted on February 25, 2010. It was the brain child of a former jail superintendent M K Diwedi.
Recommended For You
- BOOM BOOM BECKERTennis Legend Boris Becker to Visit India in December
- POWER PACKEDLenovo K6 Power Review: A Complete Budget Android Phone Under Rs 10,000
- DisgustingBertolucci's Rape Scene Confession on the Sets of 'Last Tango in Paris' Leaves Hollywood Shocked
- Dead Rises AgainThe Mummy Trailer: Tom Cruise Starrer Reboot Rides High on Action
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet