Canada: 3 dead in passenger train derailment
Via Rail spokeswoman Michelle Lamarche said 75 people were on board the train travelling from Niagara Falls to Toro.
Burlington (Canada): The mayor of Burlington, Ontario says three people are dead after a Canadian Via Rail passenger train derailed in his town
Mayor Rick Goldring says emergency crews are working to pull other passengers from the wreckage and at least one air ambulance is on standby.
Via Rail spokeswoman Michelle Lamarche said 75 people were on board the train travelling from Niagara Falls to Toronto, when it derailed on Sunday afternoon near Aldershot station.
Via Rail says the three people killed were all employees of the railroad who were riding in the locomotive.
Goldring says the crash caused minor damage to nearby buildings. Police haven't released any details about the accident.
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- I'm a Gujarati at Heart, Says President Pranab Mukherjee
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- News360: Can Patriarch MSY Solve Chacha-Bhatija Spat?