Rajya Sabha Dy Chairman's stolen vehicle recovered
It was found abandoned in the parking space of Radisson Hotel in New Delhi.
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman K Rahman Khan's car, which was stolen, was found abandoned in the parking space of the Radisson Hotel in New Delhi, police said on Tuesday.
The Mahindra Bolero car, which had a radio tag attached to it for entry into the Parliament House complex, was stolen from driver Niranjan Mohanty's house in Sector-5 of RK Puram in south Delhi around 5.15 a.m. on Monday.
"The car was found in the parking lot of the Radisson Hotel in Mahipalpur late Monday. It has now been seized by the police and the matter is being investigated," a police official said.
After his duty hours, Mohanty used to take the car back home and park it there.
Around 5.15 am on Monday he heard the sound of the engine and when he came out to check, he saw someone taking it out.
"Mohanty then tried to raise an alarm and stop it. He also gave the carjacker a chase on his motorbike, but lost him after some distance in Vasant Kunj. He then made a police control room call (PCR)," said the officer.
The PCR then alerted all police posts and its vehicles in the city and a search was launched. A case was registered at the RK Puram police station.
According to police officials, the vehicle was reportedly being used as a pilot vehicle and the radio tag was deactivated after the theft was reported.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Beauty and The Beast: Emma Watson Brings New Charisma in the Classic Song
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Comedian Bharti Singh All Set to Tie the Knot by the End of 2017