Cardamom planters flay move for stir by TUs
THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Various associations of cardamom planters in Idukki district have criticised the reported moves of various tra..
THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Various associations of cardamom planters in Idukki district have criticised the reported moves of various trade unions to launch an indefinite strike from November 28 as the Labour Minister is scheduled to hold discussions with the Plantation Labour Committee on that day.
Addressing a news conference here on Friday, Cardamom Growers Association representatives Sadasiva Subramaniam, S V Subramaniam, M M Lambodaran and others said that the growers in Idukki were facing a similar crisis as in Wayanad. With the withdrawal of subsidies, permission for unrestricted imports of the produce, exorbitant rise in labour cost and three-fold increase in the price of inputs such as fertilizers and pesticides, the cardamom sector is struggling, they
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Team India Series Report Card
- Kaabil to Saawariya: Films That Clashed With SRK Starrers And Failed
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Black) Review: The Perfect Phone at Rs 12,999
- Bibi Russell's Tryst With Fashion: For, With and By Craftspeople
- Looking For a Solution For Everything Construction Related?