Cardiac surgeon dies after patient's surgery
Before the operation, Vincenzo Capacchione complained of chest pain but managed to carry out the surgery.
Rome: An Italian cardiac surgeon has died minutes after he completed a complicated operation on an elderly patient at a clinic near Milan.
Before the operation, Vincenzo Capacchione, 49, complained of chest pain but managed to successfully carry out the four-hour surgery on a 70-year-old patient who was admitted to a clinic in a critical condition.
The surgeon, who had three daughters, died after the patient was taken away from the operating room.
"On that morning he thought only of saving the patient. He behaved like a real doctor," one of his colleagues said.
The autopsy results are not immediately known but Capacchione is thought to have died of an aortic rupture Saturday, according to local media reports Wednesday.
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110
- Dhanteras: Festival of Wealth
- Gold Takes Gains Forward, Up Rs 232 on Global Cues
- Gold Hits Over 3-Month Low On Global Cues, Muted Demand
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Celebrate Diwali With Pious And Not With Noise
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience