Caroline Wozniacki beats Sabine Lisicki in 3 sets
Former No. 1 Wozniacki has rallied from a set to win her first-round match 2-6, 6-3, 6-3 to Sabine Lisicki of Germany.
Melbourne: Former No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki has rallied from a set and 3-0 down in the decider to win her first-round match of the Australian Open 2-6, 6-3, 6-3 to Sabine Lisicki of Germany.
The 10th-seeded Danish player only hit 12 winners to 45 for Lisicki, but the big-hitting German also made 57 unforced errors to just eight for Wozniacki. Wozniacki won the last six games of the match.
Wozniacki's form coming into the Australian Open wasn't encouraging - losing in the first round at the Brisbane International and the second round at Sydney. She was the top-seeded player last year at Melbourne Park before losing in the quarter-finals. On Monday, her golfer boyfriend Rory McIlroy signed a lucrative multi-year contract with Nike.
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Watch: MNS Asks Pakistani Artistes To Leave In 48 Hours or Face Consequences
- Watch: Talking Point With Zakka Jacob
- Lenovo Z2 Plus With Snapdragon 820 Processor Launched At Rs 17,999