DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Caroline Wozniacki beats Sabine Lisicki in 3 sets
Former No. 1 Wozniacki has rallied from a set to win her first-round match 2-6, 6-3, 6-3 to Sabine Lisicki of Germany.
Melbourne: Former No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki has rallied from a set and 3-0 down in the decider to win her first-round match of the Australian Open 2-6, 6-3, 6-3 to Sabine Lisicki of Germany.
The 10th-seeded Danish player only hit 12 winners to 45 for Lisicki, but the big-hitting German also made 57 unforced errors to just eight for Wozniacki. Wozniacki won the last six games of the match.
Wozniacki's form coming into the Australian Open wasn't encouraging - losing in the first round at the Brisbane International and the second round at Sydney. She was the top-seeded player last year at Melbourne Park before losing in the quarter-finals. On Monday, her golfer boyfriend Rory McIlroy signed a lucrative multi-year contract with Nike.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users