Caroline Wozniacki beats Sabine Lisicki in 3 sets
Former No. 1 Wozniacki has rallied from a set to win her first-round match 2-6, 6-3, 6-3 to Sabine Lisicki of Germany.
Melbourne: Former No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki has rallied from a set and 3-0 down in the decider to win her first-round match of the Australian Open 2-6, 6-3, 6-3 to Sabine Lisicki of Germany.
The 10th-seeded Danish player only hit 12 winners to 45 for Lisicki, but the big-hitting German also made 57 unforced errors to just eight for Wozniacki. Wozniacki won the last six games of the match.
Wozniacki's form coming into the Australian Open wasn't encouraging - losing in the first round at the Brisbane International and the second round at Sydney. She was the top-seeded player last year at Melbourne Park before losing in the quarter-finals. On Monday, her golfer boyfriend Rory McIlroy signed a lucrative multi-year contract with Nike.
Recommended For You
- Indian Spinners Lacked Patience in the Second Innings: Maninder Singh
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion