DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Caroline Wozniacki beats Sabine Lisicki in 3 sets
Former No. 1 Wozniacki has rallied from a set to win her first-round match 2-6, 6-3, 6-3 to Sabine Lisicki of Germany.
Melbourne: Former No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki has rallied from a set and 3-0 down in the decider to win her first-round match of the Australian Open 2-6, 6-3, 6-3 to Sabine Lisicki of Germany.
The 10th-seeded Danish player only hit 12 winners to 45 for Lisicki, but the big-hitting German also made 57 unforced errors to just eight for Wozniacki. Wozniacki won the last six games of the match.
Wozniacki's form coming into the Australian Open wasn't encouraging - losing in the first round at the Brisbane International and the second round at Sydney. She was the top-seeded player last year at Melbourne Park before losing in the quarter-finals. On Monday, her golfer boyfriend Rory McIlroy signed a lucrative multi-year contract with Nike.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere