Caroline Wozniacki beats Sabine Lisicki in 3 sets
Former No. 1 Wozniacki has rallied from a set to win her first-round match 2-6, 6-3, 6-3 to Sabine Lisicki of Germany.
Melbourne: Former No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki has rallied from a set and 3-0 down in the decider to win her first-round match of the Australian Open 2-6, 6-3, 6-3 to Sabine Lisicki of Germany.
The 10th-seeded Danish player only hit 12 winners to 45 for Lisicki, but the big-hitting German also made 57 unforced errors to just eight for Wozniacki. Wozniacki won the last six games of the match.
Wozniacki's form coming into the Australian Open wasn't encouraging - losing in the first round at the Brisbane International and the second round at Sydney. She was the top-seeded player last year at Melbourne Park before losing in the quarter-finals. On Monday, her golfer boyfriend Rory McIlroy signed a lucrative multi-year contract with Nike.
- Samajwadi Party Truce: Akhilesh Yadav to Reinstate Shivpal Yadav, 3 Ministers
- Akhilesh Fantastic CM but Needs Time to Be Mass Leader: Amar Singh
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Tata Group Stocks Fall on Mistry's Ouster; Tata Steel Down 3%
- Cyrus Mistry's Exit May Trigger Major Correction in Tata Stocks: Experts
- Tata Sons Disbands Group Executive Council Set up by Cyrus Mistry
- Cyrus Mistry Removed as Chairman, Ratan Tata Takes Interim Charge