Cartoon row: NCERT committee to meet today
The NCERT monitoring committee will meet on Saturday to decide whether to axe caricatures from text books.
New Delhi: The NCERT monitoring committee will meet on Saturday to decide whether to axe caricatures from text books. The Thorat Committee, set up by the Human Resource Development Ministry, had recommended the scrapping of 46 caricatures, of which 24 pertained to the Nehru-Gandhi family.
Sources say that the cartoon on Dr Ambedkar that started the whole controversy in the first place is sure to go. So is the one on anti-Hindi protests that kicked up a storm in Tamil Nadu.
However, apart from these two, the committee is disinclined to axe the other 44 recommended by the Thorat Committee.
If that happens, it could put the NCERT on a collision course with the HRD Ministry.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid