Cartoon row: NCERT committee to meet today
The NCERT monitoring committee will meet on Saturday to decide whether to axe caricatures from text books.
New Delhi: The NCERT monitoring committee will meet on Saturday to decide whether to axe caricatures from text books. The Thorat Committee, set up by the Human Resource Development Ministry, had recommended the scrapping of 46 caricatures, of which 24 pertained to the Nehru-Gandhi family.
Sources say that the cartoon on Dr Ambedkar that started the whole controversy in the first place is sure to go. So is the one on anti-Hindi protests that kicked up a storm in Tamil Nadu.
However, apart from these two, the committee is disinclined to axe the other 44 recommended by the Thorat Committee.
If that happens, it could put the NCERT on a collision course with the HRD Ministry.
- Pakistani Artistes Not Terrorists, They Have Visas: Salman Khan
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- IMPPA Passes Resolution Temporarily Banning Pakistani Artistes In India
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- Border Villages in Punjab Back Army Action, Hail PM Modi
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof