Ambedkar cartoon, 5 others removed from textbooks
This comes after the Thorat committee's recommendation that 22 cartoons be removed from the textbooks.
New Delhi: The latest batch of the NCERT textbooks is out, but this time, without six cartoons from four political textbooks. This comes after the Thorat committee's recommendation that 22 cartoons be removed from the textbooks.
The cartoon of Ambedkar that sparked off protests in Parliament has been replaced with his photograph.
RK Laxman's cartoon depicting the anti-Hindi agitation and four other cartoons that represented political developments have also been removed from the textbooks.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Aamir Khan's Latest TVC On Gender Equality Is Getting All The Praise It Deserves
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game
- Zlatan Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory