'Casablanca' piano sold for more than USD 600,000
Humphrey Bogart played Rick Blaine in the Oscar-winning World War II love story, opposite Ingrid Bergman.
New York: The piano used for the song 'As Times Goes By' in the classic 1942 film 'Casablanca' has fetched more than USD 600,000 at auction.
The 58-key upright was sold to an unidentified buyer for USD 602,500 at Sotheby's here, reported Huffington Post.
Its pre-sale estimate was up to USD 1.2 million. It was offered by a Japanese collector on the film's 70th anniversary.
The collector purchased the movie prop at a Sotheby's auction in 1988 for USD 154,000.
Humphrey Bogart played Rick Blaine in the Oscar-winning World War II love story, opposite Ingrid Bergman's character, Ilsa Lund.
In a famous flashback scene, Rick and Ilsa lean on the piano at a Paris bistro. Sam, played by Dooley Wilson, plays and sings. They toast as Rick says, "Here's looking at you, kid."
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017 Auction: Live Updates from Bengaluru
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System