'Casablanca' piano sold for more than USD 600,000
Humphrey Bogart played Rick Blaine in the Oscar-winning World War II love story, opposite Ingrid Bergman.
New York: The piano used for the song 'As Times Goes By' in the classic 1942 film 'Casablanca' has fetched more than USD 600,000 at auction.
The 58-key upright was sold to an unidentified buyer for USD 602,500 at Sotheby's here, reported Huffington Post.
Its pre-sale estimate was up to USD 1.2 million. It was offered by a Japanese collector on the film's 70th anniversary.
The collector purchased the movie prop at a Sotheby's auction in 1988 for USD 154,000.
Humphrey Bogart played Rick Blaine in the Oscar-winning World War II love story, opposite Ingrid Bergman's character, Ilsa Lund.
In a famous flashback scene, Rick and Ilsa lean on the piano at a Paris bistro. Sam, played by Dooley Wilson, plays and sings. They toast as Rick says, "Here's looking at you, kid."
- Pakistan Cricket Board Bars Push-Ups on Field After Match Wins
- Team India, Ravichandran Ashwin Head Latest ICC Test Rankings
- Full Text of Cyrus Mistry Interview that Tata Group Scrapped
- Salman Khan's Bodyguard Shera Faces Assault Charges in Mumbai
- UN Chief Condemns Terror Attack on Police Academy in Quetta
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead