Sachin deserves Bharat Ratna, not RS seat: Anna
The anti-corruption crusader said that the intention of the government behind the move was not clear.
New Delhi: Anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare has citicised the government for nominating cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar to the Rajya Sabha, and not giving him a Bharat Ratna.
Speaking to mediapersons on Wednesday, Anna said, "I feel bad because we are demanding that Sachin should have been facilitated from Bharat Ratna."
The veteran Gandhian went on to say that the intention of the government behind the move was not clear.
"There (Government) intention is not clear behind this (electing Sachin Tendulkar for Rajya Sabha). If they wanted to honour him, then they could have honoured him with Bharat Ratna," said Anna.
Meanwhile, an advocate moved the Madras High Court seeking to stay the cricketer from taking oath. The petitioner cited a pending case against Sachin as the reason for the appeal. The court may hear the petition on Thursday.
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Mosul Offensive Displaced 7,000 People: UN
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Dear Zindagi: SRK Asks Alia Bhatt to Crack Better Jokes in the New Teaser
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights
- Congress Hits Out at CM Fadnavis Over 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release, Calls Him 'Broker'
- Celebrities Send Diwali Greetings To Jawans Following PM Modi's #Sandesh2Soldiers Campaign