Sachin deserves Bharat Ratna, not RS seat: Anna
The anti-corruption crusader said that the intention of the government behind the move was not clear.
New Delhi: Anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare has citicised the government for nominating cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar to the Rajya Sabha, and not giving him a Bharat Ratna.
Speaking to mediapersons on Wednesday, Anna said, "I feel bad because we are demanding that Sachin should have been facilitated from Bharat Ratna."
The veteran Gandhian went on to say that the intention of the government behind the move was not clear.
"There (Government) intention is not clear behind this (electing Sachin Tendulkar for Rajya Sabha). If they wanted to honour him, then they could have honoured him with Bharat Ratna," said Anna.
Meanwhile, an advocate moved the Madras High Court seeking to stay the cricketer from taking oath. The petitioner cited a pending case against Sachin as the reason for the appeal. The court may hear the petition on Thursday.
- India Shouldn't Unilaterally Scrap Indus Waters Treaty: Medha Patkar
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed
- South Korea Stands With India Against Terrorism: Park Geun Hye
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music