Sachin deserves Bharat Ratna, not RS seat: Anna
The anti-corruption crusader said that the intention of the government behind the move was not clear.
New Delhi: Anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare has citicised the government for nominating cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar to the Rajya Sabha, and not giving him a Bharat Ratna.
Speaking to mediapersons on Wednesday, Anna said, "I feel bad because we are demanding that Sachin should have been facilitated from Bharat Ratna."
The veteran Gandhian went on to say that the intention of the government behind the move was not clear.
"There (Government) intention is not clear behind this (electing Sachin Tendulkar for Rajya Sabha). If they wanted to honour him, then they could have honoured him with Bharat Ratna," said Anna.
Meanwhile, an advocate moved the Madras High Court seeking to stay the cricketer from taking oath. The petitioner cited a pending case against Sachin as the reason for the appeal. The court may hear the petition on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be