DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sachin deserves Bharat Ratna, not RS seat: Anna
The anti-corruption crusader said that the intention of the government behind the move was not clear.
New Delhi: Anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare has citicised the government for nominating cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar to the Rajya Sabha, and not giving him a Bharat Ratna.
Speaking to mediapersons on Wednesday, Anna said, "I feel bad because we are demanding that Sachin should have been facilitated from Bharat Ratna."
The veteran Gandhian went on to say that the intention of the government behind the move was not clear.
"There (Government) intention is not clear behind this (electing Sachin Tendulkar for Rajya Sabha). If they wanted to honour him, then they could have honoured him with Bharat Ratna," said Anna.
Meanwhile, an advocate moved the Madras High Court seeking to stay the cricketer from taking oath. The petitioner cited a pending case against Sachin as the reason for the appeal. The court may hear the petition on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- Sonam Kapoor Takes The Plunge In A Dreamy Gold Gown On Cannes Red Carpet
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pro Kabaddi League Auction: Nitin Tomar Becomes Highest Paid Player
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?