Cash found less than Rs.50,000: Priyanka's CA
The CA denies the IT officials finding unaccounted assets worth Rs.6 crore
Mumbai: Priyanka Chopra's chartered accountant has denied rumours that Income Tax officials found unaccounted assets worth Rs.6 crore after their raid at the Bollywood actress' residence Monday. The cash found was less than Rs.50,000, according to the accountant.
"Contrary to media reports, the total cash found by authorities was less than Rs.50,000 which was duly accounted in the books. All properties purchased by Ms.Chopra and her immediate family members have been declared at the relevant points of time. Additionally, the entire jewellery has also been accounted for. We reiterate that no undisclosed assets were revealed during the search," the accountant said in an official statement.
"Ms.Chopra is one of the highest tax payers amongst her contemporaries in the film industry. We are extending full co-operation to the Income Tax authorities in their investigations," added the accountant.
The statement was issued "in light of the continued breeding of malicious and unsubstantiated rumours on alleged concealment of income" by the National Award-winning actress.
The IT officials also raided the residence of actress Katrina Kaif and photographer Atul Kasbekar.
Recommended For You
- HIL 2017 Live Updates: Dabang Mumbai vs Delhi Waveriders, Semi-final
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology