DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Casino lets man keep $1 million after goof up over prize winner
Casino personnel failed to check that there were two men by the same name who had visited the casino on the day the prize was won.
A casino in Britain allowed a man to keep $1 million after it mistook him for the prize winner with the same name and similar personal details. Last week the Horseshoe Casino in Cincinnati city telephoned one of their patrons, a man named Kevin Lewis, to inform him that he had $1 million to collect, The Independent reported on Tuesday.
But what the people at casino failed to check was that there were two men by the same name who had visited the casino on the day the prize was won. However, when CCTV footage of Lewis coming to collect his money Saturday was watched again, it was realised that the Casino had made the wrong man a millionaire.
Taking full responsibility for the mix-up, the casino decided to award the second Kevin Lewis $1 million, but allowed the first one to keep his prize as well.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%