Casino lets man keep $1 million after goof up over prize winner
Casino personnel failed to check that there were two men by the same name who had visited the casino on the day the prize was won.
A casino in Britain allowed a man to keep $1 million after it mistook him for the prize winner with the same name and similar personal details. Last week the Horseshoe Casino in Cincinnati city telephoned one of their patrons, a man named Kevin Lewis, to inform him that he had $1 million to collect, The Independent reported on Tuesday.
But what the people at casino failed to check was that there were two men by the same name who had visited the casino on the day the prize was won. However, when CCTV footage of Lewis coming to collect his money Saturday was watched again, it was realised that the Casino had made the wrong man a millionaire.
Taking full responsibility for the mix-up, the casino decided to award the second Kevin Lewis $1 million, but allowed the first one to keep his prize as well.
Recommended For You
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"