Online CAT for admission to IIMs today
Two lakh candidates in the fray as CAT 2010 kicks off on Wednesday. The question arises that is will the online format be glitch free this year?
New Delhi: The Common Admission Test (CAT) for admission to prestigious Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) and 150 other business schools in the country begins on Wednesday when over two lakh candidates are expected to appear.
The test will be conducted online in about 78 centres across 33 cities in a staggered format beginning today and ending on November 24.
This time only nine thousand computers will be used as compared to the 17 thousand used last year.
Forty different sets of question papers have been prepared. The results of CAT-2010 will be declared on January 12.
Prometric, entrusted with the task of conducting the test in the online format, had released a 'practice test' paper earlier to familiarise the candidates with the online format.
The firm has purchased original software after internal investigations revealed that unlicensed software and out-dated anti virus systems were responsible for glitches in the exam in 2009.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310: This is How The Remodeled Unit Will Look Like
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- AB de Villiers Breaks Sourav Ganguly's Record
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology