Students who missed CAT get another lifeline
Many students could not give the online CAT exam due to technical glitches.
New Delhi: The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) on Wednesday said the pen and pencil format of Common Admission Test (CAT) is history but assured that all the aggrieved students who could not appear for the test during the scheduled test window will get another chance in mid-January.
"We are conducting a retest in mid-January for all those students who could not take the CAT. This test will also be computer based," said Sameer Barua, director of IIM-Ahmedabad.
"We believe that we will go ahead with the online test in future also... this is the only way forward," Director IIM-Bangalore Pankaj Chandra, said after a meeting with the higher education secretary Vibha Puri Das here.
The CAT went online for the first time this year and several students could not appear for the exam due to technical glitches in the whole process.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology