Cate Blanchett to play evil stepmother in her next
Cate Blanchett is in talks to star in Disney's movie adaptation of Cinderella as the evil stepmother.
London: Oscar winning actress Cate Blanchett is in talks to star in Disney's movie adaptation of Cinderella as the evil stepmother. While the role of Cinderella has not been cast as yet, negotiations are on with Blanchett for the role of Lady Tremaine. In the book, Lady Tremaine marries Cinderella's
father after he is widowed.
However, after he passes away, she proceeds to torment her and makes her work as a maid.
Mark Romanek, the Grammy award winner music video director will direct the film. It remains unclear whether the screenplay will stray far from the original fairytale version or stay true to it.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category