Catherine Zeta-Jones: I just look for negative
The actress is now hoping to remove the stigma attached to mental illness by going public with her diagnosis.
London: Actress Catherine Zeta-Jones believes her bipolar disorder brought her closer to husband Michael Douglas. The Welsh actress said she got to know herself and her 68-year-old actor husband, with whom she shares daughter
Carys, nine, and son Dylan, 12, better during the tough period, reported Showbiz spy.
"It's been an intense time, in good ways and bad. You find out who you really are and who you're married to. You find things inside yourself you never imagined were there."
"You can't escape what people say, and if you're human it can be painful. The smartest thing I did was to stop going online. I'm the sort of person who will just look for the negative," she said.
The 43-year-old actress is now hoping to remove the stigma attached to mental illness by going public with her diagnosis. "I'm not the kind of person who likes to shout out my personal issues from the rooftops, but with my bipolar
becoming public, I hope fellow suffers will know it is completely controllable."
"I hope I can help remove any stigma attached to it, and that those who didn't have it under control will seek help with all that is available to treat it."
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Sharma Feel at Home
- Jio MAMI 2016: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Will Be Like a Therapy for Unrequited Love, Says Karan Johar
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about Anurag Khashyap's tweet over ADHM
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan