Assam: CBI arrests BRO official for alleged bribery
The BRO commandant was arrested from Guwahati railway station was reportedly carrying Rs 15 lakh in cash.
Guwahati: The CBI on Wednesday arrested an official of the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) and recovered Rs 15 lakh in cash from him. Task Force Commandant Ram Milan was arrested from the Guwahati railway station and sources said that the money was actually a bribe paid by a private contractor.
CBI received a tip off that Milan would be leaving for New Delhi from Guwahati. A team of CBI officials kept a watch at the station and arrested him as he tried to board the Rajdhani Express. On questioning, Milan was unable to explain the huge amount of cash he was carrying.
Milan, who was in-charge of overseeing some of the road building projects in Arunachal Pradesh, had allegedly secured the cash as bribe from a private contractor engaged in road building projects. Further details regarding the incident are awaited.
With additional information from PTI
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology