Assam: CBI arrests BRO official for alleged bribery
The BRO commandant was arrested from Guwahati railway station was reportedly carrying Rs 15 lakh in cash.
Guwahati: The CBI on Wednesday arrested an official of the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) and recovered Rs 15 lakh in cash from him. Task Force Commandant Ram Milan was arrested from the Guwahati railway station and sources said that the money was actually a bribe paid by a private contractor.
CBI received a tip off that Milan would be leaving for New Delhi from Guwahati. A team of CBI officials kept a watch at the station and arrested him as he tried to board the Rajdhani Express. On questioning, Milan was unable to explain the huge amount of cash he was carrying.
Milan, who was in-charge of overseeing some of the road building projects in Arunachal Pradesh, had allegedly secured the cash as bribe from a private contractor engaged in road building projects. Further details regarding the incident are awaited.
With additional information from PTI
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- Arjun Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor Bring 'Bollywood Dance Raita' to New York
- Ganesh Chaturthi 2016: Anil Kapoor to Shraddha Kapoor; Stars Bring Ganpati Home
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Modi to visit Pakistan for SAARC summit in 2016 as India extends its hand to Sharif