CBI officer probing 2G scam dies
Palsania filed a chargesheet in the 2G case booking former Telecom Minister A Raja and DMK leader Kanimozhi.
New Delhi: Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) official Suresh Kumar Palsania, who meticulously investigated the 2G spectrum scam, died on Wednesday night due to a leukemia, which was diagnosed about fortnight ago. The 44-year-old Palsania, who was termed as one of the bright officers of the agency, died at a private hospital in South Delhi. Hailing from Rajasthan, Palsania was a 1996 batch IPS officer of Odhisa cadre and was working with the CBI since 2006.
An engineering graduate, Palsania, who was posted as Deputy Inspector General with the CBI, was a recipient of this year's Police Medal for meritorious service announced on the Republic day. CBI Director AP Singh, who is at present in Rome for Interpol Conference, expressed shock over the sad demise of Palsania. "We are all crushed and shocked. He was one of the best officers of the CBI," Singh said.
Palsania filed a chargesheet in the 2G case booking the then Telecom Minister A Raja and DMK leader Kanimozhi, besides a number of top honchos of telecom companies. Palsania had walked out of a meeting with a senior government law officer who wanted to discuss the strategy on 2G case with him along with the lawyer of the former telecom minister A Raja, who was in jail.
He had recently visited Malaysia and other countries to pursue the quick processing of the Letters Rogatory in connection with the case. Palsania also initiated a probe in the Commonwealth Games scam and was also in the two-member team that went to London to probe Suresh Kalmadi's role in the Queen's Baton Relay controversy.
- Amar Singh Got Akhilesh Story Planted in Newspaper: Ashu Malik
- SP's Abu Azmi Lashes Out at Amar Singh, Blames him For Crisis in Party
- How Samajwadi Party Will Look Like if it Splits
- Watch: Akhilesh vs Shivpal Figth Over Amar Singh
- Legendary Punjabi Actor Mehar Mittal Passes Away
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan