CBI quizzes Lt Gen Tejinder Singh in Adarsh case
Lt Gen (retd) Tejinder Singh was quizzed on Wednesday about how he got a flat in the controversial society.
Mumbai: The CBI has questioned Lt Gen (retd) Tejinder Singh, named by Army Chief Gen VK Singh as the person who had allegedly offered him a bribe of Rs 14 crore, in connection with the Adarsh Society scam in Mumbai.
CBI sources said he was quizzed on Wednesday about how he got a flat in the controversial society, the source of his funds and to check the veracity of documents.
When contacted, Singh said over phone that he was not an accused in the scam and was called by CBI to verify some facts about his flat in the Adarsh Society.
"They had asked me how I had purchased the flat, what was the source of funding, my income and genuineness of my signatures on the documents... It's a normal process and all other members of the society have also been questioned by the CBI," Singh said.
Adarsh Housing society had come under CBI scanner after it was alleged that land which was allotted by the state for welfare of servicemen and their widows was in fact used for the benefit of relatives of politicians, public servants and senior service officers including former army chiefs.
The then Maj Gen Tejinder Singh was Commander of Maharashtra, Goa, Gujarat region between 2005-07 and has a flat in the society.
The Comptroller and Auditor General in its report on the scam last year had pointed out that all service officers except one who were in-charge in Maharashtra between February 1998 and July 2010, became beneficiaries as per the list of the members of the society.
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
- Race to White House is Real, Not Reality TV: Hillary Clinton
- With 84 Million Viewers, Hillary-Trump Debate Smashes Record
- Pakistan Needs To Stop Terror From Its Soil: B'desh Envoy
- UN Should Consider Declaring Pakistan a Terror State: Bangladesh Envoy
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed