CBI raids mining firm owned by Reddy's wife
The residence of MLA B Nagendra, a close associate of Reddy, was also raided by the CBI.
Bellary: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Monday searched offices of two companies, including one owned by the wife of arrested mining baron and former minister G Janardhana Reddy, and also the residence of his close associate B Nagendra.
According to sources, the 25-member CBI team, led by its Karnataka wing Superintendent of Police Subramanya Rao, conducted searches at the office of Associated Mining Company (AMC) owned by Aruna Lakshmi at Parvathinga and seized some documents.
The house of Koodligi MLA B Nagendra was also searched, they said.
The Human Resources Department office of Jindal Steel Works was also searched in the backdrop of the company getting about 51 lakh tonnes of iron ore from AMC in March 2010.
The Lokayukta report on illegal mining had found certain irregularities indulged in by AMC in iron ore trading, they said.
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Adnan Sami Responds After Being Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes