CBI raids on Custom and Excise and DRI officials
Cash of Rs 35 lakh (approx) and incriminating documents were recovered from the premises of the accused persons during the searches.
The Central Bureau of Investigation has arrested a Deputy Director of Directorate of Revenue Intelligence, a Superintendent of Customs and a representative of a Kolkata-based private firm in an alleged bribery case. The arrested accused persons were produced on Friday before the Special Judge for CBI Cases, Patiala House Courts, New Delhi and were remanded to five days police custody.
A case was registered by the CBI against four officials of the Customs Departments, a Deputy Director, DRI, one Representative of a Kolkata-based private firm and others in an alleged bribery case, for processing import/export-related work of a private firm based at Kolkata.
It was alleged that some officers of the Customs Department & DRI posted at Kolkata, Mumbai & Delhi and others conspired with private persons in the matter of obtaining permission of the competent authority for allowing a firm to transport consignments from Kolkata Port by Railway rake to Nepal through Jigbani (Bihar), in lieu of illegal gratification.
Cash of Rs 35 lakh (approx) etc and incriminating documents were recovered from the premises of the accused persons during the searches.
Recommended For You
- Engineer Questions Nature of Pune Pitch, Slams Batsmen
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology