DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
CBI to file chargesheet in Prajapati case tomorrow
The CBI on Monday informed the Supreme Court that it will file the chargesheet in a Gujarat court on Tuesday.
New Delhi: The CBI on Monday informed the Supreme Court that it will file chargesheet in the Tulsiram Prajapati fake encounter case in a Gujarat court on Tuesday.
Appearing before a bench of Justice BS Chauhan and Justice JS Khehar, Additional Solicitor General Haren Rawal assured the court that the charge sheet will be filed in the lower court on Tuesday.
The bench, however, told the agency that it can file the charge sheet within a week.
The court was hearing a petition filed by Prajapati's mother Narmada Bai, who alleged that her son was killed in a fake encounter by Gujarat Police as he was a key eyewitness to the Sohrabuddin Shaikh encounter.
The apex court had on April 8, 2011 transferred the probe in the case to the CBI.
Shaikh was also killed in an alleged fake encounter by Gujarat Police and probe of that case was also carried out by the CBI.
Prajapati, a close aide of Shaikh, was killed in an encounter near Chhapri village in Banaskantha on December 28, 2006.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia