CBI to file chargesheet in Prajapati case tomorrow
The CBI on Monday informed the Supreme Court that it will file the chargesheet in a Gujarat court on Tuesday.
New Delhi: The CBI on Monday informed the Supreme Court that it will file chargesheet in the Tulsiram Prajapati fake encounter case in a Gujarat court on Tuesday.
Appearing before a bench of Justice BS Chauhan and Justice JS Khehar, Additional Solicitor General Haren Rawal assured the court that the charge sheet will be filed in the lower court on Tuesday.
The bench, however, told the agency that it can file the charge sheet within a week.
The court was hearing a petition filed by Prajapati's mother Narmada Bai, who alleged that her son was killed in a fake encounter by Gujarat Police as he was a key eyewitness to the Sohrabuddin Shaikh encounter.
The apex court had on April 8, 2011 transferred the probe in the case to the CBI.
Shaikh was also killed in an alleged fake encounter by Gujarat Police and probe of that case was also carried out by the CBI.
Prajapati, a close aide of Shaikh, was killed in an encounter near Chhapri village in Banaskantha on December 28, 2006.
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview