CBS News says some of its Twitter accounts were hacked
Social media accounts maintained by CBS News programs, "60 Minutes" and "48 Hours," were compromised.
Washington: Social media accounts maintained by CBS News programs, "60 Minutes" and "48 Hours," were compromised on Saturday, the two programs' official Twitter accounts said.
A post on the "60 Minutes" Twitter microblog account, @60Minutes, said, "PLEASE NOTE: Our Twitter account was compromised earlier today. We are working with Twitter to resolve." Another post read, "A message that was posted earlier to this account was not written or sent by @60Minutes or its staff."
The Twitter account for @48Hours showed a similar message, and several blogs said a third account, @CBSDenver, also had been hacked.
Tech bloggers posted screenshots of fake posts that appeared under the CBS accounts, including one from @48Hours that read, "General Dempsey calls for #Obama's arrest under new anti-terror laws #48hours."
On its own official account, @CBSNews, the news organization said it had "experienced problems" on the other two accounts, and added, "Twitter is resolving issues."
The rogue posts appeared to have been removed from Twitter.com later on Saturday.
Recommended For You
- Big Indian Comebacks In a Home Series In Last 20 Years
- #UnitedByHalf | News18 Talks to People About Gender Equality
- Gionee M2017 First Look: Check Out the Rs 1.66 Lakh Gionee Phone
- Watch: Anil, Arjun and Sonam Shake a Leg to My Name Is Lakhan at a Family Wedding
- David Warner Warns Bollywood After Watching Daughter Ivy Dance