CDR case fallout: Delhi Police restricts use of email IDs
The move comes days after it was revealed that the email ID of a Delhi ACP was used by constable Arvind Dabas to seek information on Arun Jaitley's call records.
New Delhi: The Delhi Police has swung into action following the Call Detail Records (CDRs) case and restricted the use of email IDs of police officials for seeking information on the CDRs. While earlier, ACP level officers could mail to seek information on CDRs, now only DCP and Additional CP level officers can seek information about call records. The rule, however, remains unchanged for Special Cell and the Crime Branch.
The move comes days after it was revealed that the email ID of a Delhi ACP was used by constable Arvind Dabas to gather information on call records of BJP leader Arun Jaitley.
Two more Delhi ACPs were named in an investigation report filed by Mumbai Police, although Delhi Police says that no communication was made by the Mumbai Police regarding this.
- India vs New Zealand Live: Virat Kohli's India look to Wrap Series, Regain No.1 Spot
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- India Sabotaging Peace In The Region: Pakistan
- India identifies five terror camps across LoC
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against UN-Designated Terrorist Outfits
- Watch: Build- Up To The Surgical Strike Across LoC
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18