DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
CDR case fallout: Delhi Police restricts use of email IDs
The move comes days after it was revealed that the email ID of a Delhi ACP was used by constable Arvind Dabas to seek information on Arun Jaitley's call records.
New Delhi: The Delhi Police has swung into action following the Call Detail Records (CDRs) case and restricted the use of email IDs of police officials for seeking information on the CDRs. While earlier, ACP level officers could mail to seek information on CDRs, now only DCP and Additional CP level officers can seek information about call records. The rule, however, remains unchanged for Special Cell and the Crime Branch.
The move comes days after it was revealed that the email ID of a Delhi ACP was used by constable Arvind Dabas to gather information on call records of BJP leader Arun Jaitley.
Two more Delhi ACPs were named in an investigation report filed by Mumbai Police, although Delhi Police says that no communication was made by the Mumbai Police regarding this.
Recommended For You
- Don't Enjoy the Same 'Privileges' As Dhoni, Says Harbhajan Singh
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Bollywood Stars Attend Karan Johar's Birthday Bash
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs