DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Pakistan violates ceasefire again, fires at Hamirpur in Poonch
This is the second ceasefire violation at the same place in less than 24 hours.
Srinagar: Reports of another ceasefire violation by Pakistan came in on Tuesday morning from Hamirpur in the Poonch sector. The firing started at 8.30 am on Tuesday morning and is still on.
This is the second ceasefire violation at the same place in less than 24 hours. After the killing of five Indian soldiers by Pakistan Army troops in Poonch sector on the Line of Control (LoC) on August 6, 24 ceasefire violations have taken place marking an increase in the frequency of breach of truce, Defence Minister AK Antony said on Monday.
"This year, there have been 82 violations till August and still four months are left. From August 6 till Monday morning till 6 AM, there is increase in frequency with 24 violations taking place including the tragedy in which our soldiers were killed in Poonch," he said while making a suo motu statement on the issue in Rajya Sabha.
The Defence Minister observed that the number of ceasefire violations have gone up in the last few years as in 2011, there were 61 violations while in 2012, the figure rose to 117.
(With additional information from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh