Celebrating Valentine's Day results in rape: Hindu group
Hindu Janajagruti Samiti state convener Manoj Solanki said that its cadre will demonstrate the ill-effects of Valentine's Day.
Panaji: Celebrating Valentine's Day by lovers and following Western traditions blindly results in rapes and other sexual assaults, right wing Hindu group Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) claimed in Panaji on Monday.
HJS state convener Manoj Solanki said that its cadre would distribute pamphlets in colleges, private tuition classes, railway stations, bus-stations and at crowded places "demonstrating the ill-effects of Valentine's Day".
"Since the Bharatiya youth is turning towards indulgence by blindly following westerners, it has been noticed that the sale of contraceptives peaks on this day in cities such as Mumbai and Pune. This leads to a rise in incidents of rapes and other atrocities," Solanki said.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films