Celebrities witness summit clash of World Cup
Saif Ali Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, Preity Zinta, Aamir Khan and superstar Rajinikanth are present in the stands.
Mumbai: President Pratibha Patil and her Sri Lankan counter-part Mahinda Rajapaksha were among the host of high-profile personalities who attended the India-Sri Lanka World Cup final match at a fully packed Wankhede stadium in Mumbai on Saturday.
Union Minister Kapil Sibal, former Union Minister of State for External Affairs Shashi Tharoor and his wife Sunanda Pushkar were also present to watch Mahendra Singh Dhoni and his men clash with Kumara Sangakkara's boys in the first All-Asian summit contest in the history of the tournament.
Business tycoon Mukesh Ambani along with his wife and Mumbai Indians owner Neeta, were seen cheering from their corporate box which has been reportedly purchased for Rs five crore from the Mumbai Cricket Asssociation.
Seen grooving with Neeta after Sri Lanka skipper Kumar Sangakkara's dismissal was her King's XI Punjab rival and actress Preity Zinta.
Actor Aamir Khan, who was present for the high-voltage Indo-Pak semi-final clash at Mohali on March 30, kept his date for the final along with his director wife Kiran Rao and fellow-Bollywood personalities.
Saif Ali Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, Suniel Shetty, Aftab Shivdasani and veteran actor Vinod Khanna along with southern superstar Rajinikanth were also present in the stands.
Besides, many other small-screen stars also cheered for the home team at the jam-packed Wankhede stadium which was a sea of blue, except for a handful of supporters carrying Lankan flags.
Though the crowd was mostly silent and had very few moments in the first session to rejoice, it went berserk when their own city-born icon Sachin Tendulkar came to roll his arm over in the 33rd over of the match.
- Asian Development Bank Declines to Fund Pakistan Dam Project
- Kashmir a Matter For India, Pakistan to Sort Out: British PM Theresa May
- 10,500 People Displaced Due to Mosul Operation: UN
- Pakistani Troops Fire at Indian Positions in RS Pura, 7 Civilians Injured
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- No One Needs to Give Proof of Their Patriotism, Says CBFC Chief Pahlaj Nihalani