DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Centre asks Naxal-hit states to intensify vigil for Jan 26
There is likelihood of planting of IEDs/booby traps to target security personnel in Naxal-affected areas.
New Delhi: Ahead of the Republic day, the Centre has asked the Naxal-affected states to intensify vigilin all sensitive areas to foil any attempt by the extremists to carry out violence. In an advisory, the Home Ministry said CPI (Maoist) would observe January 26 as "black day" and the observance is likely
to be marked by hoisting of black flags, desecration of the national flag and other subversive activities in Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh and Odisha.
Inputs indicate that the outfit may also indulge in acts of violence in these states and there is likelihood of planting of IEDs/booby traps with the naxal banners/flags to target security personnel in Naxal-affected areas, the advisory said.
The Home Ministry asked the states to deploy additional forces in sensitive places, markets, industrial installations, railway tracks, bridges to avoid any untoward incident in the run up to the Republic day, according to sources.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Unhappy With Head Coach Anil Kumble?
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000