Centre asks Naxal-hit states to intensify vigil for Jan 26
There is likelihood of planting of IEDs/booby traps to target security personnel in Naxal-affected areas.
New Delhi: Ahead of the Republic day, the Centre has asked the Naxal-affected states to intensify vigilin all sensitive areas to foil any attempt by the extremists to carry out violence. In an advisory, the Home Ministry said CPI (Maoist) would observe January 26 as "black day" and the observance is likely
to be marked by hoisting of black flags, desecration of the national flag and other subversive activities in Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh and Odisha.
Inputs indicate that the outfit may also indulge in acts of violence in these states and there is likelihood of planting of IEDs/booby traps with the naxal banners/flags to target security personnel in Naxal-affected areas, the advisory said.
The Home Ministry asked the states to deploy additional forces in sensitive places, markets, industrial installations, railway tracks, bridges to avoid any untoward incident in the run up to the Republic day, according to sources.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Nokia 6, Nokia 5 Price and Specifications in Pictures
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless