CES 2013: Corning to introduce Gorilla Glass 3
The company is planning to come up with Gorilla Glass 3, a new glass composition with durability enhancements.
New Delhi: New York-based Corning, which is said to be the world's largest maker of glass for liquid-crystal-display computers and TVs, is planning to introduce a new version of Gorilla Glass, a scratch-and impact-resistant glass used on many gadgets including smartphones, at the CES 2013.
The company is planning to come up with Gorilla Glass 3, a new glass composition with durability enhancements. Full product details will be announced on January 7.
According to Engadget, the glass is now three times more scratch resistant than the previous generation. There will be 40 per cent reduction in the number of visible scratches and 50 per cent boost in retained strength after the glass becomes flawed.
The company will also come up with Optical Cables by Corning, fibre-based, device-to-device connectivity solutions that significantly extend the data transmission range past the limits of copper-based cables.
In the Corning booth at the CES 2013, experts will present hourly demonstrations of the toughness of Gorilla Glass 3 as well as the connectivity and flexibility of optical cables by Corning.
Corning will also showcase the advantages of Gorilla Glass in larger format, multi-touch displays for education, entertainment and other applications.
"This year at CES, Corning will demonstrate its industry leadership in specialty glass and fiber optic technologies with the introduction of two products designed to enhance and extend the capabilities of consumers' favorite devices," said Wendell P. Weeks, chairman, chief executive officer, and president. "These new innovations build on the increasingly important and continually evolving role of highly engineered glass technologies in delivering improved product performance and functionality through touch capabilities, protective cover glass, and device connectivity."
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration