'Chak De' girl Chitrashi to play Jwalamukhi Chautala in 'FIR'
A 20 year leap has been conceived to add more elements of entertainment to the show.
New Delhi: Actress Chitrashi Rawat, best known for her role of a hot-headed hockey player in Shah Rukh Khan starrer 'Chak De', has replaced Kavita Kaushik as the new lead in comedy show 'FIR'.
The show on SAB TV is taking a 20 year leap. Rawat plays Jwalamukhi Chautala, the daughter of Kavita's character Chandramukhi. "It is an honour to have gotten an opportunity to work with the SAB TV family, especially on FIR. I will give Jwalamukhi Chautala my best shot," Rawat said.
"My role is that of a sweet shy bespectacled girl who believes in pleasing people who turns into a super woman when she sees atrocities committed against women," she added.
20 years after her mother's transfer, Jwalamukhi returns to Iman chowki as a sub inspector. She teams up with Gopi and Billu to solve cases at they try to control increasing crime rate in Ravanpur.
"The 20 year leap has been conceived to add more elements of entertainment to the show. We are confident that with the new cast and a progressive storyline, the viewers will continue to enjoy the show," said Anooj Kapoor, EVP and
Business Head of the channel.
Produced by Sanjay Kohli and Binaifer Kohli from Edit 2 productions, FIR boasts of a stellar cast comprising of Rawat, Gopi Bhalla, Sandeep Anand, Sapna Shikarwar, Dipesh Bhan, Manju Sharma, Prana Mishra, Mohit Mattu, Suresh Chatwal and Nirmal Soni.
- Hillary Clinton Achieves 12-Point Lead Over Trump
- Hillary Clinton Achieves 12-Point Lead over Trump
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte