Chal Guru Ho Ja Shuru: Hemant Pandey to play the lead in film on Asaram Bapu
Directed by Manoj Sharma, the film stars Hemant Pandey, Chandrachur Singh, Sanjay Mishra and Manoj Pahwa.
Mumbai: After Prakash Jha, another filmmaker has announced a film on spiritual guru Asaram Bapu, who was arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl.
The film is titled 'Chal Guru Ho Ja Shuru' and actor Hemant Pandey, known for playing Pandeyji in popular TV show 'Office Office', will play the main lead in it.
When asked about it, Hemant confirmed that he is playing the lead role in the film and added that it focuses on fraudulent spiritual gurus.
"The film will expose all those who have turned religion into a business and the public is becoming their victim," he said.
Directed by Manoj Sharma, the film will be made under Himalaya Dreams banner and it will also star Chandrachur Singh, Sanjay Mishra and Manoj Pahwa.
This will be Sharma's second film on Asaram after the 2010 movie 'Swaha', which got into controversy and saw the light of the day after a prolonged legal battle.
Sharma said shooting for 'Chal Guru Ho Ja Shuru' will start from Nov 12 and they will release it in March or April next year.
Asaram is presently in judicial custody.
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- BSF Says 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist Killed in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire in Kathua District, 1 BSF Jawan Injured