DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Chal Guru Ho Ja Shuru: Hemant Pandey to play the lead in film on Asaram Bapu
Directed by Manoj Sharma, the film stars Hemant Pandey, Chandrachur Singh, Sanjay Mishra and Manoj Pahwa.
Mumbai: After Prakash Jha, another filmmaker has announced a film on spiritual guru Asaram Bapu, who was arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl.
The film is titled 'Chal Guru Ho Ja Shuru' and actor Hemant Pandey, known for playing Pandeyji in popular TV show 'Office Office', will play the main lead in it.
When asked about it, Hemant confirmed that he is playing the lead role in the film and added that it focuses on fraudulent spiritual gurus.
"The film will expose all those who have turned religion into a business and the public is becoming their victim," he said.
Directed by Manoj Sharma, the film will be made under Himalaya Dreams banner and it will also star Chandrachur Singh, Sanjay Mishra and Manoj Pahwa.
This will be Sharma's second film on Asaram after the 2010 movie 'Swaha', which got into controversy and saw the light of the day after a prolonged legal battle.
Sharma said shooting for 'Chal Guru Ho Ja Shuru' will start from Nov 12 and they will release it in March or April next year.
Asaram is presently in judicial custody.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia