Fiza gets rude call, hubby says talaq over phone
Ex-Haryana deputy CM follows up by sending SMS to his wife.
Chandigarh: A terse "talaq, talaq, talaq" phone call seeking divorce is the latest twist in the controversial high profile marriage of former Haryana deputy chief minister Chander Mohan alias Chand Mohammed with his estranged second wife Fiza alias Anuradha Bali.
Fiza told reporters in Chandigarh on Saturday that Chand had called her up from London late Friday night and uttered "talaq" three times. He also sent her an SMS with the message to confirm that he was divorcing her, she said.
The latest drama in the Chand-Fiza love episode came just days after Chand was given a clean chit by the Punjab Police at Mohali town near here on a complaint of rape, cheating, intimidation and hurting religious sentiments filed by Fiza against him.
She said she would seek legal recourse against Chand for deserting her.
Both mysteriously disappeared in November last year and re-appeared in December after 40 days as a married couple after embracing Islam. They had changed their names from Chander Mohan and Anuradha Bali to Chand Mohammed and Fiza respectively.
He lost his job as Haryana's high-profile deputy chief minister.
The marriage lasted hardly 40 days with Chander Mohan suddenly leaving Fiza's house Jan 28 and not communicating with her after that.
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Donald Trump's Campaign Says Raised $9 mn Through Live Facebook Event
- New Trump Accuser Said He Groped Her at 1998 Tennis Event