Fiza gets rude call, hubby says talaq over phone
Ex-Haryana deputy CM follows up by sending SMS to his wife.
Chandigarh: A terse "talaq, talaq, talaq" phone call seeking divorce is the latest twist in the controversial high profile marriage of former Haryana deputy chief minister Chander Mohan alias Chand Mohammed with his estranged second wife Fiza alias Anuradha Bali.
Fiza told reporters in Chandigarh on Saturday that Chand had called her up from London late Friday night and uttered "talaq" three times. He also sent her an SMS with the message to confirm that he was divorcing her, she said.
The latest drama in the Chand-Fiza love episode came just days after Chand was given a clean chit by the Punjab Police at Mohali town near here on a complaint of rape, cheating, intimidation and hurting religious sentiments filed by Fiza against him.
She said she would seek legal recourse against Chand for deserting her.
Both mysteriously disappeared in November last year and re-appeared in December after 40 days as a married couple after embracing Islam. They had changed their names from Chander Mohan and Anuradha Bali to Chand Mohammed and Fiza respectively.
He lost his job as Haryana's high-profile deputy chief minister.
The marriage lasted hardly 40 days with Chander Mohan suddenly leaving Fiza's house Jan 28 and not communicating with her after that.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology