Chandhok sees good fan support for Indian GP
The new Buddh International Circuit will host the inaugural Indian Grand Prix next month.
Singapore: Karun Chandhok on Sunday said that he expected "a good level of success" at the inaugural Indian Grand Prix, to be held next month at the new Buddh International Circuit in Greater Noida.
"We have a decent and ready fan base support for the first race on the circuit and we expect to build it up further in the coming years," Chandhok told PTI on the sidelines of the Singapore F1 race.
Chandhok, who is a consultant to the Buddh International Circuit, underlined the huge support being given by the Indian fans for the race, to be held on October 30.
Chandhok said he would be satisfied with the success of the race if as much as 80 per cent of the 120,000 tickets are sold, pointing out the constrain of hotel rooms and other support facilities for Indian fans to attend the race.
He said the reality was the limit on the number of hotel rooms and other facilities that could support a bigger gathering of 120,000.
Chandhok is part of the three-driver Team Lotus that is sponsored by Malaysia's Air Asia.
Finland's Heikki Kovalainen and Germany's Jarno Trulli would be driving Team Lotus' two cars in the Singapore race tonight.
Though Chandhok was the reserve driver tonight, he stressed the importance of being an international driver in a world class tournament.
The Air Asia-sponsored team would also be participating in the Indian GP.
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Supreme Court Set To Revisit 'Hindutva' Judgment After 20 Years
- Police Targeting DMK Cadres Over Rumours About Jayalalithaa's Health: Stalin
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Wasn't Honey-trapped, Did Not Leak Defence Secrets, Says Varun Gandhi
- Airtel Offers 10GB of 4G Mobile Data at Rs 259