Two people arrested with 4 detonators in Chandigarh
They were arrested during a routine checking by CRPF and the police forces at the Sector 43 inter-state bus terminus.
Chandigarh: Two people were on Sunday arrested from an inter-state bus terminus in Chandigarh after four detonators were allegedly recovered from their possession.
They were arrested during a routine checking by CRPF and the police forces at the Sector 43 inter-state bus terminus. The two were travelling from Shimla to Jaipur.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Surjit Singh Malik said the two arrested have claimed that they were employees with a Himachal Pradesh-based contractor, who was into mining projects and that the detonators were to be used for blasting purposes for these projects.
"These claims are being verified. Even if their claims are true, still they were carrying the detonators in an illegal manner," he said.
With Additional Inputs From PTI
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More