Two people arrested with 4 detonators in Chandigarh
They were arrested during a routine checking by CRPF and the police forces at the Sector 43 inter-state bus terminus.
Chandigarh: Two people were on Sunday arrested from an inter-state bus terminus in Chandigarh after four detonators were allegedly recovered from their possession.
They were arrested during a routine checking by CRPF and the police forces at the Sector 43 inter-state bus terminus. The two were travelling from Shimla to Jaipur.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Surjit Singh Malik said the two arrested have claimed that they were employees with a Himachal Pradesh-based contractor, who was into mining projects and that the detonators were to be used for blasting purposes for these projects.
"These claims are being verified. Even if their claims are true, still they were carrying the detonators in an illegal manner," he said.
With Additional Inputs From PTI
- Big B Has a Different Level of Passion Towards His Work: Anees Bazmee
- Amitabh Bachchan Feels It's Pitiable For a Woman To Catch Culprit But Not Take Action
- Pink Has Become a Movement, Says Amitabh Bachchan
- Centre To Use Pink As Platform To Promote FIR Law: Shoojit Sircar
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- SRK Turns Into a DJ for Radio Show and His First Mix Will Leave You in Splits
- Rakesh Roshan Clarifies Krrish 4 Will Not Clash With 'Younger Brother' SRK's Film
- SRK, Randeep Hooda Condemn Uri Attack, Offer Condolences To Martyrs' Kin