DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Two people arrested with 4 detonators in Chandigarh
They were arrested during a routine checking by CRPF and the police forces at the Sector 43 inter-state bus terminus.
Chandigarh: Two people were on Sunday arrested from an inter-state bus terminus in Chandigarh after four detonators were allegedly recovered from their possession.
They were arrested during a routine checking by CRPF and the police forces at the Sector 43 inter-state bus terminus. The two were travelling from Shimla to Jaipur.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Surjit Singh Malik said the two arrested have claimed that they were employees with a Himachal Pradesh-based contractor, who was into mining projects and that the detonators were to be used for blasting purposes for these projects.
"These claims are being verified. Even if their claims are true, still they were carrying the detonators in an illegal manner," he said.
With Additional Inputs From PTI
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet