DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Chandrayaan reveals moon images taken by M3
M3, one of the 11 payloads on Chandrayaan, is an American device.
New Delhi: CNN-IBN has been keeping a close eye on the progress of India's moon mission, Chandrayaan I.
The Chandrayaan is now revealing images of the moon taken by M3 - the Moon Mineralogy Mapper. M3, one of the 11 payloads on Chandrayaan, is an American device.
These images give new information on the composition of the moon's surface. These images will now help scientists explore and understand Earth's nearest neighbour.
The image was taken by Chandrayaan as the spacecraft orbited the moon at an altitude of 100 km. It reveals changes in rock and mineral composition, shows the abundance of iron-rich minerals such as pyroxene, and details the form and structure of the region's surface.
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- Priyanka Chopra Meets PM Modi In Berlin
- Nuzhat Fought Taboos to Play Cricket, Picked for ICC World Cup