Chandrayaan reveals moon images taken by M3
M3, one of the 11 payloads on Chandrayaan, is an American device.
New Delhi: CNN-IBN has been keeping a close eye on the progress of India's moon mission, Chandrayaan I.
The Chandrayaan is now revealing images of the moon taken by M3 - the Moon Mineralogy Mapper. M3, one of the 11 payloads on Chandrayaan, is an American device.
These images give new information on the composition of the moon's surface. These images will now help scientists explore and understand Earth's nearest neighbour.
The image was taken by Chandrayaan as the spacecraft orbited the moon at an altitude of 100 km. It reveals changes in rock and mineral composition, shows the abundance of iron-rich minerals such as pyroxene, and details the form and structure of the region's surface.
- Missing Home This Diwali? 7 Movies to Make You Feel Closer to Your Loved Ones
- Twitter to Launch Diwali Emoji, Will Be Available Starting 28 Oct
- PM Urges Citizens to Send Their Messages to Jawans This Diwali
- Did you tweet with #HappDiwali? Find yourself in Twitter's after-Diwali diya mosaic
- Govardhan Puja: An Important Part of the Celebrations of Diwali
- Diwali: Festival of Lights
- UP Police to Celebrate Diwali at Old Age Homes, Orphanages
- Light Up Your Diwali With These Quick DIY Tips